Old May 31st 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default photo arranging/album software

Have you consider Adobe's Elements?

Yes, in fact it came with my Leica D-LUX 2.

The problem I found with it is that each time I loaded a volume on my PC it
insisted in trying to categorise all photos regardless of where they were
and whether or not I wanted it to. I could not find a way to turn this
feature off. I don't like software which makes assumptions (in my case bad
ones) about what users want to do.

If you know how to control the software so it doesn't automatically try to
categorise photos and will allow me to decide manually when and where to do
it then I might think are re-installing it.

LouisB