Old February 26th 04, 03:27 PM
Dave Wallis

Default Using a Deardorff Field Camera vs Sinar Studio Camera

I have just discovered that the Deardorff I was going to buy has a
minimum bellows extension of 7 inches, according to the owner this
because of the design which has the front and rear standards running
in to each other. I have see photos of Deadorffs with the standards
closed right up to a distance of much less than 7 inches, and I
thought that they all have a similar design. The tachihara 8x10 has
minimum bellows 0f 70mm. Is the benefit of a modern design or are
there some 8x10 Deardorffs with a similar minimum extension?