Old June 15th 18, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Question for you Apple crazies

On 6/14/2018 3:44 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 14, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 6/14/2018 12:44 AM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Now when are you going to stop using “apple seeds”?
It has a nasty ring to it, the tone is intentionally demeaning, andisn’t
cute.

When certain individuals stop worshiping a brand name, and recognize
that different people have different,and legitimate needs.

There is more than one Apple user in this NG, and I have yet to find any of
them refering to users of other OSses by blatantly demeaning terms. Each of
us have made decisions regarding cameras, lenses, processing software, and
OS. Those decisions have been based on photographic purpose, personal budget,
and particular biases.

I for one can’t even thing of a term as insulting for Windows, or Linux
users as the “appleseed” you and Mayayana use to demean Mac users.

...and I do take it personally, as it is not, cute, flippant, or funny. With
your response above you confirm that you are targeting individuals. The way
you, and Mayayana use it is intentionally insulting.

You are right on. I intentionally used the term to mean what you
suggest. I have little patience for people who continually refuse to
admit that any product is suitable for all people. And continually throw
hissy fits anytime somebody makes a decision that a particular Apple
product will not meet their needs. I hope you know, and understand that
I was not calling all people who choose to use a Apple products "Apple
seeds." To do so would not be in accord with my personal philosophy of life.
As a personal matter, I have used a iPhones and iPods for years. When a
certain individual refers to me as an Apple basher, it is a deliberate
lie, as he well knows, that I not only use Apple products, but also have
some IPO Apple stock. I have previously stated my reasons for using PCs,
for both desktop and notebook. When I am ready for a new machine I will
do a fair evaluation of my needs, and make a decision based upon my own
evaluation.

--
PeterN