Old March 24th 05, 10:59 PM
RSD99

No USM ...just the garden-variety 'Sharpen' 'Sharpen Edges' 'Sharpen More'
.... plus something called 'Reinforce.'

As for your statement ... "... Anyway, you do not address the main issue.
Paint has a limitation
and I wonder if it can be fixed. I will appreciate any help in this
direction. ..."

There are only a few ways to "cure" a limitation in a given piece of
software. Since I am *not* the person in charge of the development of
"Micro$loth's 'Paint' program," there is nothing I can do to change or
improve the program. The only thing that you ... or any of "us" ... can do
is write a note to Micro$illy, tell them about the problem(s) you are
having, and *suggest* that they improve the program. Then ... hold your
breath for two or three YEARS until the next release of the program.

If the limitations of Canon's and Micro$oft's software are proving to be
onerous to you ... all I can suggest is getting another program that will
do what you want to do.

You might try one of the following

Adobe PhotoShop Elements (Known to have USM)
The GIMP (Known to have USM) (**FREE**)
Corel's PhotoPaint (Known to have USM)
Corel's Paint Shop Pro
Digital Light and Color's Picture Window (Pro) (Known to have USM)
Serif's PhotoPlus
etcetera

Another possible "work around" would be to download the free IrfanView
viewer, open the picture in IrfanView, and re-save it. Your version of M$
Paint **may** be able to open the resulting file, as modified by IrfanView.

"Eyal Lebedinsky" wrote in message
RSD99 wrote:
Use a better photo editor ... even the free French program called
PhotoFiltre is better ...

http://www.photofiltre.com/

Really? I mostly need the USM filter, and I do not see one above.
Does it have it?

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ) http://samba.org/eyal/
attach .zip as .dat