Old November 5th 04, 12:09 AM
becky

"LittleHobo" wrote in message . ..
I decided on these two cameras because the store I would likely buy the
camera from stocks only Fujifilm and sony cameras. I really don't like the
design of most Sony cameras, I think they look silly . I don't know if
they can get other brands or not. My max price is about 400us give or take a
bit.

I've been wanting a camera for a while to take pictures of outings, parties,
etc. but also for those perfect landscapes that you see sometimes.Which is a
good point for the S5100 with the 10x optical zoom. Also a really good
'close up' camera would be nice to take pictures of flowers, and other
detailed shots. Which is one of the features I liked about the E510 it has a
"Super Macro" mode which can take a picture as close as 1" away with very
nice detail (look at the picture of the nickle on www.steves-digicams.com
review of it). Lastly once in a blue moon I list an item or two on ebay and
would like to be able to show what it is I'm selling, but most any digital
camera would be good enough for that.

Thanks for the help!

You've definitely gotten to broaden your horizons if you want to take
a look at everything available and what may suit you best. The fuji's
and sony's are great camera's, but you are missing out on stuff like
Canon's, Olympus's, and Nikon's. I did some shopping around a little
while back and visited stores from Staples to Best Buy to camera
specific stores. I did what some of the guys here are saying, I
picked up the cameras and checked them out. I ended up getting a good
deal from the Staples site on a Canon PowerShot Pro 1. It has worked
perfectly for me so far. I should be happy with this for a while. My
next camera will hopefully be a little smaller, but have similar
features.