Old August 13th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
AlexZ

Default PANASONIC v LEICA (lx2, d-lux 3)

RPS wrote:

: I understand that Panasonic LX2 and Leica D-LUX 3 are almost identical
: cameras, except in "signal processing"...How do the two compare?
: Does Leica's signal processing produce better photos to justify the
: $150-200 price difference?

I am surprised that this post has not attracted any response yet. Be
that as it may...

See the following for a discussion of the same issue:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...&message=24253
552&changemode=1

The two cameras' are compared side by side here (no difference):
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...idebyside&came
ras=panasonic_dmclx2%2Cleica_dlux3&show=all

The following is a side-by-side comparison of the photos taken by both:
http://www.pbase.com/koo22/leica_dlux_3

I would be curious to know how different people decide the last
comparison.