Old June 15th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default Electric shutter circuit question - ready for timer?

I have an electric shutter. The circuit works the shutter when testing
with a simple switch, but because I know nothing about electrics, it
puzzles me.

Here is a drawing of it: http://www.digoliardi.net/electrics2.gif

I am dangerously ignorant of electrics so I'm asking: How does it work
that one AC pole goes to one pole of the orange thing (capacitor?) and
then also go around it? It's there a short there?

The electro magnet works just fine. Nothing gets hot even with a long
'on' time (for focusing). Do you think it is safe to hook up to the
timer (F-Stop timer by Darkroom Automation)?

Thank you,

PS: The shutter is on the back of the lens board because if it were on
the front it would make changing the F-stop almost impossible. I've also
made an extension of the F-stop ring to permit adjustment from below the
lens. (Shutter is from a long-rollfilm camera and it fits in a well
fitting enclosure around the rear of a Red Dot Artar.) Can provide
pictures or a build-article if you like.)