Old July 23rd 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Film Camaras using 70mm: do they exist?

Max Power spake thus:

Film Cameras using 70mm: do they exist? One would think that the IMAX corp
could offer some kind of cheap 70mm camera (under 40 USD) that could take
70mm pictures. Yet, this is not the case.

I'm pretty sure my old Kodak No. 2A Folding Cartridge Hawk-Eye would
take 70mm, which is the same width* as the 616 film this camera was made
for. I'd love to get some to try it out, without having to buy a 100'
roll or whatever.

But I'm curious: what would lead you to believe that Imax would be
interested in making a $40 camera? Just to use up surpluses of Imax film?

* Not exactly the same width, but near enough to be never mind.

--
I think someone should unplug the entire Internet and let us start
all over again. This time, make sure that Sergey Brin, Larry Page,

- Daniel Brandt, on Wikipedia Review (http://wikipediareview.com)