Old June 7th 04, 06:56 PM
Malcolm Reeves

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:28:54 GMT, Bill Lillycrop
wrote:

1) Has anyone else considered the two options and if so I would greatly
appreciate any feedback.

IMO the best option is a CD burner since what happens if the HD fails
(or you drop it) in one of these units? At least with a CD it is easy
enough to burn 2 CDs, CDRs being so cheap.

There are about 3 badged units I like. Micro-solutions Roadstor,
Addonics MFR, Samcheer Fotobar, Hana Mobile Storage II - all of which
come from www.carry.com.tw. What I like about this unit, compared to
other CD burners, is that you can play the CD on a TV, PAL or NTSC, to
check the photos have copied. Plus the unit is also a DVD player
which sounds very useful when rains :-).

--

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
, or ).

http://www.fullcircuit.com or http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - Desktop ToDo/Reminder program (free)