Old November 26th 17, 10:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Cameras USA

On Nov 25, 2017, John Turco wrote
(in article ):

To my knowledge, no cameras (digital or otherwise) are currently made in
the USA. Does anybody think that situation will change, anytime soon?
(Or, in the more distant future?)

Nope! The currently manufactured in the USA camera is found less in the wild
than Sasquatch. Howevever, I believe the one piece of USA produced camera
accessory is the USA division (of whichever camera manufacturer) warranty.

Consider that the Dutch own the whithered remains of Polaroid, Kodak had the
plug pulled from the steam engine providing pseudo life support. It is
rumored that Argus lives on in a nightmare of the living dead somewhere in
Illinois. Graflex was bought by Singer, and all its tooling assets sold off
to some inscrutable Japanese corporation, which was crushed by the dead
weight of their new acquisition.

....but fear not. In the wilds of Irvine, California you will find “Red
Digital Cinema Camera Company”, and they certainly have the potential to
produce a purely photographic stills camera, if they ever wanted to go down
that road.
http://www.red.com

Savageduck