Old June 5th 14, 03:32 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.linux,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How to recover a photo I was forced to delete

In article , Silent Knight
wrote:

I took a picture at the bar referee smog station of what I consider
an inappropriate action but the employee there made me delete it
in his presence because, he said, it's against bar policy.

you are under no obligation whatsoever to delete anything. all they can
do is kick you out and tell you never to return.

if they 'made' you, then you can (and should) take legal action.

I want to complain to the California BAR but I want that picture
back. It's an Android 4.3 Samsung Galaxy S3 with an SD card.

I used the default "Camera" app.
I have Ubuntu linux.

Is there a way to get the photo back?

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

unfortunately, since it's an android device rather than a standard
camera, that memory might have been reused for something else already.

however, if it's still there, the above app *will* find it. there are
other recovery apps but they're not as good.