Old February 20th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
acl

Default Please name the sharpest Nikon lenses

On Feb 20, 11:38 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg
wrote:

Note: I am not saying Nikon lenses are bad, or that others do
much better. I am merely saying that they simply don't outresolve
the D200's sensor. And that many lenses do not even reach the
sensors resolution, especially when used wide open or looking at
the border performance.

That's true, but it depends on what you're measuring. I'm pretty sure
that any lens I've ever used can outresolve the d200 sensor if the
pattern has sufficient contrast, but that doesn't mean it's useful
there.

Anyway, resolution isn't the only thing to look at in a lens.