Old November 23rd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

Default Windows Color Managment, Adobe Working Spaces, Adobe Gamma

"Andy Leese" wrote in message
Thanks for the response. I have it in hand to get a monitor callibration
tool Spyder or gretagmacbeth probably. my main question (and the question
that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhre) is...

What is the purpose of Windows XP Control panel Display Settings
Advanced Color Management ?

It's a simple question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. If I am
using Adobe Gamma (to make my monitor display colors correctly) and using
color management in Photoshop etc... what purpose is this in Windows? What
does it do that anything else doesn't do?

I really can't find anything on its actual function in microsoft
documentation and web sites etc...

Thanks again...

Hi.

From what I can make out, all that the Display Settings Colour Management
does is to allow you to select which Monitor Profile is used as the Default
for that Monitor.

You also need to check that Photoshop is using the same Profile as its
Monitor Profile.

Roy G