Old December 29th 17, 04:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Apple played digital liberal nanny-stater, now faces several lawsuits

"PeterN" wrote

| You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
| few here are, regardless of whether they own one.
| Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.
|

| https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

https://research-methodology.net/apple-segmentation-targeting-and-positioning/

It's not about whether I'm a target customer. It's the market
trend and has been for awhile. And not just with Apple:

http://www.businessinsider.com/smart...t-says-2017-12

If there were a market I expect Apple would rule it. But
some things are just too dumb. They tried to create a market
because the idea of a whole new gadget market was appealing.
There's not much more logic than that.

On the other hand, why shouldn't I be a target customer?
Most people now use computer phones. A computer watch
is presumably supposed to complement a computer phone.
But of course it doesn't. Even if it could accurately count
my footsteps that's an absurd function. I thought pedometers
were clever when I was 10 years old.

If the target market is high income 30-somethings who
want a watch for "self expression" then that's another way
of pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.... Or in
this case, that the watch has no function.