Old August 26th 15, 08:20 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Terry Pinnell[_2_]

Default Thumbnail viewer with unusual feature?

Tony Cooper wrote:

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:30:16 +0100, Terry Pinnell
wrote:

hopflop [email protected] wrote:

Terry Pinnell typed with big furry paws:

Thanks, but can tell me exactly how please? I have FSV although
hadn't used it for a few years. I've just updated to latest version
(5.5) but still cannot find how to change the filename text display
in the thumbnail view.

Create - Contact Sheet Builder
Settings - Caption tab

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but at least a work around.

Tony, hopflop: Thanks both.

Yes, I later guessed that's what you had in mind and I made a PDF
contact sheet that is quite useful. But as you say, that approach
falls short of what I'm really after. Not least because a new sheet
needs creating after any edits, additions or deletions to the folder
of photos.

This exercise has reminded me of FSV's many attractive features and I
must use it more. However, one major downside is that it doesn't
support video files. They make up a large proportion of the material I
use for my DVD making.

I've emailed the author to ask about this omission. Or rather
discontinuance, as I see this in the version history:

"Version 2.4 (March 15, 2006)
Video files ( AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, MOV) can be displayed as thumbnails
in the browser. Double clicking on a video file will open it in the
default media player."

I can find no later mention in subsequent versions that it was
dropped, but it plainly has been.

As I understand your quest, you want to enlarge the text that
identifies the file name on the screen in a viewer. As far as I can
tell, FastStone will not allow this.

Er, yes, I thought we'd agreed that? ;-)

I don't think the only one of my viewers/editors I haven't yet tried,
Picasa, can do so either. So still looking.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK