Old August 25th 15, 09:53 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Terry Pinnell[_2_]

Default Thumbnail viewer with unusual feature?

android wrote:

Terry Pinnell Wrote in message:
My photos and video clips are all named with a date/time prefix. When
making videos/DVDs which use these (and movie clips) as a major
source, I frequently need to quickly browse through many such files
and note the date and time for sequencing and matching to GPS data
etc.

So I'm looking for a thumbnail viewer which at least allows me to
increase the SIZE of font used to display the filename. Ideally I'd
like flexibility over all the usual font settings too, like type,
colour and bold. The excellent IrfanView has a good viewer, allowing a
large size thumbnail, such as the 500x500 in my screenshot. But as you
see, its filename display does not make for comfortable viewing in
large numbers and at speed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ewThumbs-1.jpg

I'm not hopeful, but has anyone ever come across anything like this
please?

Meanwhile I'm in the course of writing a macro (with Macro Express
Pro) that will stamp date/time as a prominent bitmap element at the
bottom of the image. A fun digression, but it's turning out more
complex than I expected, hence my post.

Have you tried DigiKam? It used to have a standalone installer for
Windows IIRC...

Thanks android. Looks a bit heavy for what I need. Already have enough
large 'photo management' apps.