Old December 28th 14, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default D7000 Liveview switch

You might try a sparing application of some contac/control cleaner and
lubricant. AKA tuner cleaner back in the day of the mechanical rotary
TV tuners. This was useful in helping cure then main switch issues
associated with aging Nikon CP-990s and similar cameras.
Remember to block off the viewfinder if using auto exposure with
liveview.

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 00:38:25 +0000 (UTC), Nige Danton
wrote:

Coincidentally, it's partially freed itself now. It's still very stiff and

is slow to return, but at least it's sort-of working. I've rarely used it
in the past but I've recently bought a set of extension tubes to try macro
photography.

Switching topics to macro: it's much (much) harder to focus on the subject
than I'd anticipated. My set up is an 18-105 lens (the only lens I have),
tripod, aperture priority (smallest f-stop to maximise the depth of field),
and outdoors. I'm just experimenting with flowers right now and am using
all three extension tubes. One of the difficulties is getting enough light
on the subject. All that said, it's good fun.