Old June 27th 04, 05:43 AM
street shooter

Default [SI] XXXI Critique

Rich Pos wrote in message . ..
On 26 Jun 2004 08:30:24 -0700, (street
shooter) wrote:

There is a very strong nautical theme going on in this image, but I
think it serves as a local but not cultural identifier. This is a
beach area scene. Yesterday, I drove through several beach towns
along the Maryland and Delaware coastline. Each town had its own
sense of place, some being party towns while others were family
retreats. This image needs some sort of cultural identifier. The
technical elements of this photograph are quite strong. Nice image!

Thanks Street Shooter. I agree that the shot doesn't portray a local
flavor. I considered a shot similar to this with a steel mill in the
background to present a more local theme to it but the shot never
materialized. This area is the playground of the rust belt.
Thanks for your comments.

Here is an archived shot that *may* be more appropriate??

http://www.pbase.com/image/26650873

RPŠ

FWIW, I like the image in the link better for the Mandate; I like the
image you submitted better for its technical and aesthetic merits
exclusive of the theme.

Michael