Old July 28th 12, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default [SI] Pairs comments - Alan B.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:26:51 -0400, PeterN
wrote:
: On 7/28/2012 12:27 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: snip
:
: This thread is degenerating into a murky, inconclusive analysis of analysis -
: the sort of thing you might get in a prolonged debate between an Orthodox
: rabbi and a Jesuit. I think we should simply acknowledge that comments are
: good (at least they demonstrate interest), well thought-out comments are
: better, and deep, penetrating insight is as valuable as it is rare. Then go
: ahead and take the comments we receive for what they seem to be worth,
: remembering always that pride and defensiveness are often a creative person's
: worst enemies.
:
:
: If you substitute "hubris" for "pride" I could agree with your
: statement. Most of us take some sort of pride in any images that we post.

Indeed, "hubris" is the more accurate term. Consider it substituted!

Bob