Old November 6th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

Default Reluctant Wedding Photographer

In article , Cynicor
wrote:

1. Don't listen to people telling you that you won't know what to do.
2. Take more photos than you need. You never know what expressions
you'll get on people's faces, and you can't redo a wedding.
3. It is important to make the bride and the bride's mother look good.
No one else matters.
4. Scout the location out in advance.
5. Bring two flashes and about 40 AA batteries.
6. Bring two camera bodies. Have someone else use the other one if
possible. (I let my 10-year-old daughter use one at the last wedding I
did, and she ended up with a batch of eye-level photos of the kids there
that we would not otherwise have had.)
7. Use the two to three lenses you're most comfortable with, preferably
with wide apertures.
8. Bring two or more memory cards, and shoot in RAW.
9. Talk to everyone in advance to find out what shots they want from you.
10. Elbow the hell out of everyone to get to the position you want. Make
sure it's OK to move discreetly around the ceremony, and get the best
angle.
11. Don't stuff shrimp into your jacket pockets.
12. Don't wear a Miami Dolphins mesh half-shirt.
13. Don't try to catch the bouquet.

Make sure you put that flash right on the camera and set everything to
AUTO.