Old March 21st 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Fun for the KIDS ?

spake thus:

Next time I will pay a litte more attention , and will DEFINATLEY shoot
with a better camera, I dont know if much of the issues are my
ineptitude in the darkroom or the camera, I mean its a cardboard box
with fake leather and a shutter that you manually open and close....

My investment was severs I must say all this darkroom equiptment,
chemicals, paper, red light, came to a staggering sum,

$22 ....... (+ the 4.50 for the film...)

Im joking about the staggering part....

Lots and LOTs of fun for $30......

Yep, good cheap fun.

p.s. (Will leaving the film in the developer too long make it light ?
or is this a camera or light issue ?

You have it backwards. Remember, the film makes a *negative* (light
things in picture = dark spots on film and vice versa). The longer you
develop it, the darker it gets (and the lighter the resulting *positive*
image on paper gets). Also, the more you expose it (the more light from
your 400-watt light bar, or the more you open up a fancier lens that
actually has an f-stop), the darker the negative.

You'll get it. It ain't rocket science. Congrats on your experiment.

--
Second, Scientologists are like computers trying to run an emulation
of another computer. It can be done, but the performance is awful.

- Keith Henson, from alt.religion.scientology