Old October 30th 03, 08:27 AM
JIM

Default epson 2200 help

"GLL" wrote in message
Found the setting you are talking about plus I slowed the ink time and it
fixed the problem, which brings me to the next two items, type of paper

and
profiles. any suggestions on them.
thanks
Gary

I like Epson's Archival Matte papers. I don't like the way the 2200's inks
look on any of the photo glossy papers. They look fine, as long as you don't
study'em too close and only look at them head on (it's a pigment ink v/s dye
based ink problem); however, I much prefer their premium luster photo or
semi-gloss papers - just can't get used to the effect w/glossy stuff. I have
seen where some have had success with photo glossy paper from another
manufacturer, but don't have that name off-hand. Another paper that is
really nice is the Epson Velvet Fine Art paper. It is large, 13"x19", and
expensive, right at $5 a sheet and you have to feed it through the straight
through manual feed port.

Profiles? Ugh. You may be one of the fortunate ones and are able to live
with the supplied printer profiles. I couldn't, but as Bill recommends, try
these and see what you get. If you have trouble getting prints that look
like what you see on your monitor, you are probably going to need some sort
of profiling software like the Monaco system. Did you not wonder why Epson
had one of Monaco's flyers packaged with the printer? Until I had calibrated
everything with Monaco, I was not a happy camper - $700 printer and having
to pump out more major $$ to get the thing set up correctly.

Happy printing

Jim