Old April 29th 12, 07:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default D3200; time to lose the AA filters?

"Tim Conway" wrote in message
[]
Then again, since I'm getting much older and frailer, I might just say
the hell with it all and get a Panasonic Lumix FZ150 and be done with it
all as opposed to lugging around all the lenses and tripods etc....the
price you pay...

Some of the Panasonic super-zooms are quite good, I've used both their
compact and larger-format variants. I do agree with you about "lugging
around kit", which is why today I mostly use an 18-200 mm zoom with my
compact Nikon DSLR, and get getter lens quality than the Panasonic, and
the advantage of a high-ISO capability. No tripods, and no "etc." I've
also been experimenting with the 5 Mpix camera in the iPad and find that
it can produce reasonable images under good conditions, and acceptable
images indoors.

Cheers,
David