Old April 28th 12, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default D3200; time to lose the AA filters?

"Rich" wrote in message
If you look at the D3200, the Sony NEX-7, the D800, you'll see that the
images from them at low ISO are soft. But, the D800E doesn't look soft,
at
least based on another comparison I saw.
Compare the D7000 to the D3200. Look at the paperclips in the scene at
200
ISO. Notice how soft the D3200 and the Sony NEX-7 images are? Notice
how
sharp the D7000 image is by comparison? Same with the Olympus OM-D, it
is
sharp. Resolution is better on the 24mp cameras, but the images are not
sharp-looking.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3200/6

I meant to add - for a fair comparison, should you not be looking at the
images where the objects taken are are the same size, rather than at the
different sizes shown in those comparisons? Oh, and taken with the same
lens? I do see what you mean between the D3200 and NEX-7, though.

David