Old October 27th 06, 02:26 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art,uk.rec.photo.misc
Stan Beck

Default Poor prints from Photoshop CS2

Sorry, but I can't. As I said, I don't print my own photos, because 1.)
it's a lot of trouble; and 2.) it costs more in terms of paper/ink prices,
including the wasted ink and paper used in the calibration process.

Some of the more complete calibration packages, which include the spider for
monitor calibration, also have the software and tools to calibrate your
printer.

I would look at the advanced ColorVision products or the Monaco or Macbeth
systems (more expensive).

Wish I could be more help.

--
If time slows down as velocity increases, then my broadband connection must
be really fast !

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***

"Sven Vandermaas" wrote in message
Can you please tell me how to do this ? I'm not too familiar with this.
Thanks !

Sven

Did you calibrate your printer?

Did you get color profiles for your printer?

Did you get color profiles for the paper that you are using.

Thr first thing is to make sure that your monitor is calibrated, that
what you see is accurate. Then you need to calibrate your printer - your
ink affects your colors, and so does your choice of paper.

--
If time slows down as velocity increases, then my broadband connection
must be really fast !

Stan Beck From New Orleans to Brandon MS
To reply, remove 101 from address.
***

"Luis Ortega" wrote in message
Printing from Photoshop CS2 has become a real headache.
All of the prints are too dark.
The same file, imported into a Word document, prints much better, and an
image from the internet, sent to the printer also prints very well, so I
can't blame the printer. When I take the same file to another computer
running Photoshop 7 and a different printer, it also looks much better.
I bought a Spyder calibration meter and tried to run that but I'm afraid
that I don't really know what to do with the results.
I would appreciate any advice on how to set up the color profiles to get
my images to look like they do on the monitor.
My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 913n and my printer is an Epson Photo
700, and I run Win XP SP2 and use Epson glossy photo paper
Thanks.