Old March 6th 17, 05:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default The D7300 could be a D500 on a Budget

On 2017-03-05 19:00:23 +0000, android said:

In article ,
me wrote:

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 23:50:42 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Some may not be happy they're going backward with resolution. I'd have
off
ered it with 30mp, higher resolution, something new, same
characteristics a
s an Olympus m4/3rds, same pixel density. But just another DSLR won't
work
toward reversing their fortunes, that's for sure.

20 to 24 MP is just fine. My feeling is for the price difference I
would prefer the D500. However, if the D500 had come along 2 years ago
as a D300 replacement I would be shooting with it today, but it was
just too late and it is still a DSLR, and I have been converted to the
Fujifilm X-Cameras. That said I still have my D300S and my Nikkor glass.

@Duck: Ever considered keeping the Fuji with a walkabout and ditch the
other Fuji stuff to get a D500?

Not yet. I have 4 Fujicon X lenses, and if anything I plan to buy
three, or four more. I actually like the Fujifilm X-system, and I enjoy
shooting with it. I have no complaints with the glass which has been of
excellent build and quality.

I am going to retain my D300S and my Nikkor glass for those times I
might have a preference of a DSLR. For now a D500 and any new Nikkor
glass will have to wait.

Oki... It's the XT2 for you then. Interesting camera true, but I thought
that you were more of a RILC guy at heart and that you're not beyond
that safe "Point of Safe Return" just yet...
--
teleportation kills