Old March 5th 17, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default The D7300 could be a D500 on a Budget

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 23:50:42 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Some may not be happy they're going backward with resolution. I'd have off
ered it with 30mp, higher resolution, something new, same characteristics a
s an Olympus m4/3rds, same pixel density. But just another DSLR won't work
toward reversing their fortunes, that's for sure.

20 to 24 MP is just fine. My feeling is for the price difference I
would prefer the D500. However, if the D500 had come along 2 years ago
as a D300 replacement I would be shooting with it today, but it was
just too late and it is still a DSLR, and I have been converted to the
Fujifilm X-Cameras. That said I still have my D300S and my Nikkor glass.

I have found the focus system in the D7100 to be inferior to that in
the D200/D300 and especially D500 in my use. I am not of fan of
replacing AF-S with AF-A.