Old December 31st 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default Fixing PMK Pyro

Alan Smithee wrote:

I know TF-4 is the recommended fixer for PMK and TMX-100.
How about Kodak Rapid Fix without Part B (the hardener).
Can this also work or will problems result? Thx.

TF-4 recommended? I recall plain unadulterated sodium
thiosulfate being recommended when using a staining
developer. I don't use staining developers but from
the reading I've done of them a sulfite free non-
acidic fix is recommended.
Sodium thiosulfate makes an odorless, near neutral,
and as far as I know, truly universal fixer which can be used
on any material. For long tray life some sulfite should be
added. It lasts for ever dry in the jar. Spoon up a fresh
fix of just it for film processing; 2/3 ounce - 20 grams
should be plenty. Ten to twelve minutes. Dan