Old April 25th 18, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default A camera with a sensor bigger than 8 by 10 inches??!!

On 4/25/2018 8:29 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

Which camera better represents the subject would be quite obvious when
looking at two prints of the same size.

That would depend on the subject.

OK, presuming anything other than shooting a still, gray object in
darkness...

The TG-4
does, but I don't know what the 8x10 does other than shoot monochrome
only, which pretty much guarantees a worse representation of anything
other than still subjects.

Not if yuo need the tilt and shift functions which is what this camera is for yuor TG-4 CAN NOT do that.
I don't see any bellows on that camera,

Then go to specsavers, or another opticians.

and it would be just as easy to
attach one to the TG-4,

yeah sure it would.

Why do you believe that your personal limitations apply to everyone?

you're the one setting personal limitations.

Such as?

If
I wanted to attach a bellows to the TG-4 for some odd reason, the task
would take less than an afternoon.

yeah sure it would.
Where is this bellows unit for your camera ?

There is nothing special about a bellows other than the mounts. I could
adapt any of the bellows that I have by changing the mounts in the way I
already described (and you snipped).

I'd take one of my TG-4 lenses to the
closest MakerSpace ( 10 minute drive),

which TG4 lens ?

Why would it matter if I'm only interested in recreating the MOUNT? Read
below.

do a 3D scan of the lens mount,
send the file to the CNC machine and attach the new mount to one of my
bellows. No big deal at all.

--
best regards,

Neil