Old April 12th 04, 02:34 AM
doug

Default Zone VI Archival Print Washer Parts

"Jeff Neale" wrote:
Greetings All
I Found a used Zone VI Washer 11x14 at a local camera store. In
pretty good shape at a good price. Seems to work fine but what's the
purpose of the two spare acrylic sheets that came with it ?? They're
about 17" X 4 1/2" but don't seem to fit anywhere in the washer unless
I remove some print dividers.
Any brilliant ideas ?? Thanks All..Jef

I have the same print washer. Yes the short sheets are intended to support
the sheet film washer (submerged) or for stacking roll film reels. To use
them you remove as many standard dividers as is necessary. The Zone VI
catalog says:
"With dividers removed, any of our print washers can be used for archival
washing of film on reels".
I usually stack reels, up to (3) deep, on the inserted short sheets. About
15-18 reels can be accommodated this way. I've used it since'82 and it works
fine.

Doug