Old February 25th 04, 12:48 PM
Jean-David Beyer

Default Using a Deardorff Field Camera vs Sinar Studio Camera

Dave Wallis wrote:
I am thinking of buying a restored 10x8 Deardorff with 4x5 reducing
back. I am currently using a Sinar F2 10x8 camera with 4x5 reducing
back. I am an artist and use the camera only for transparencies of
large paintings in the studio. I don't need to get that close so
bellows length is not a restriction. Are there any problems I will
have in using a Deardorff for this kind of wor? Precise focusing and
framing are an important factor. Apparently, there is a Wobble on
rear standard is approx. 1/2" front to rear at the top. Is this cause
for concern? I will not be using the camera in the field. And can
the wobble be tightened up?

I never had an 8x10. I had a 4x5 Special I bought new and there was no
wobble. I suppose it should be worked on, but perhaps an expert here
could tell you.

/V\ Registered Machine 73926.
^^-^^ 7:45am up 49 days, 19:06, 2 users, load average: 2.25, 2.11, 2.08