Old October 11th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Rich

Default Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

On Oct 11, 12:43 pm, Linda Sands wrote:
I thought Nikon was a good brand name so I bought from Costco two Nikon
cameras over the years - both of which have been fraught with failure. I
even read the reviews before I bought which never mentioned that these
Nikon cameras were pieces of ... well ... you know. They don't work.

Nikon replaced my Coolpix 3100 once under warranty and then it broke about
a year or so later. Same spot. The battery latch door has a flimsy loop of
plastic which eventually snaps off necessitating the entire body being
swapped out at the factory.

Plastic-c-c-c-c-c-c. The days of the fine old METAL P&S cameras are
gone, quality having given way to megazooms, crappy lenses, TINY,
HORRIBLY noisy sensors and rotten plastic bodies. They make me sick.