Old October 15th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Pennsylvania funeral director pleads guilty to taking graphicphotos of bodies being prepared for burial

On 10/14/2018 10:26 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/13/18Â*Â* PDT 1:23 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/11/2018 10:41 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/11/18Â*Â* PDT 6:58 PM, RichA wrote:
Â* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.
I wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower
due to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line?Â* There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver.

I am not among them. DWI is a very serious problem. So is texting while
driving.

The line I draw is, I hope, one based on reason. The FDA is severely
crimping smoking pipes, and that's a bad thing.

I agree that the line should be one of reason, not hypocrisy. I also
freely admit that i am not sure where reason ends, and carelessness,
stupidity begins. NYC requires that the operator of a building is
responsible fore sidewalk maintenance. One of my daughters tripped on a
sidewalk crack, ans wound up with a compound fracture in her leg. She
would not sue the owner of the building, because she correctly said that
she should have been looking where she was walking.

You hit a persona sore spot. I was doing some consulting for a firm
where one of the partners was a consistent cigar smoker. According to my
doctors, as a result of inhaling that smoke I developed COPD. That is
not a good thing. Since nobody forced me to consult there, the COPD was
as much my fault as his. But, not everybody has that option.

--
PeterN