Old October 20th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Gerrit 't Hart

Default Correct group for Kodak Z740 water immersion question?

wrote in message
oups.com...
'Fixed Zoom Lens Digital' group seemed like the correct choice.

Kodak Z740 camera splashed in stream on canoe trip.

A few weeks drying time, opened it up expecting something visible,
looks clean & dry.

Put batteries back in it, syats powered up & take spics.

Shows colored 'sparklies' in LCD and in photos. Pointing at bright
objects increases noise in apparent patterns.

I have a hunch the CCD has ionic residue from water & imagine if I
could get to it and it's associated circuitry I might be able to clean
it with...?

Anyone ever get that far into one? I am an electronics tech, just not-a
camera tech.

Thanks

Murray

I would also post this question on rec.photo.digital as there are many more
people who read that ng.
There are a couple of regular Kodak users/employees posting there also.

Gerrit