Old October 19th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
[email protected]

Default Correct group for Kodak Z740 water immersion question?

'Fixed Zoom Lens Digital' group seemed like the correct choice.

Kodak Z740 camera splashed in stream on canoe trip.

A few weeks drying time, opened it up expecting something visible,
looks clean & dry.

Put batteries back in it, syats powered up & take spics.

Shows colored 'sparklies' in LCD and in photos. Pointing at bright
objects increases noise in apparent patterns.

I have a hunch the CCD has ionic residue from water & imagine if I
could get to it and it's associated circuitry I might be able to clean
it with...?

Anyone ever get that far into one? I am an electronics tech, just not-a
camera tech.

Thanks

Murray