Old September 18th 04, 05:21 PM
Alan Browne

Peter Chant wrote:

In article rEP2d.210255$mD.1162@attbi_s02,
"William Graham" writes:

It hangs on to me.....I would hate to have to only buy the latest AF glass
for my camera.....I don't even use the AF when I have an AF lens attached. I
love the old glass. Partly because it's so cheap, and partly because those
old lenses have no plastic in them....They are all glass and brass, and they
feel solid to the touch....I actually had a Nikkor AF lens once that had a
cardboard lens mount! - Ugh!!! Fortunately, it was broken, and I only bought
it so I could take it apart to see how it was constructed.....(Not too well,
I can assure you.)

Hmm, something to note when people are Cosina/Sigma bashing.

We (the people) often use stock phrases along the lines of:
"Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Pentax, etc. ... all make superb lenses
as well as their share of dogs."