Old June 27th 04, 04:46 PM
Sabineellen

Default [SI] XXXI Critique

From: (Annika1980)
Date: 27/06/2004 15:40 GMT Daylight Time
From:
(street shooter)

took a guess that you photographed this image in the South, and the
South has a well-documented history of racial disparity.

That may have been true in the past, but now the situation is reversed. The
South is much more integrated and folks down here just try to get along. It
seems that whenever I hear of some racial incident these days, it's always in
the North. White cops beating black guys in Cincinnati or some black guy in
Boston or New York who strayed where he "didn't belong" and caused a race
riot.

That was why I found your stereotypical Yankee comments so humorous.
Thnaks for your comments.

I totally agree with Anika1980, 100%. My ex was from GA, US and we travelled to
Europe together. She always seemed to find something of a feeling-at-home
around Black people eventhough she was very White, almost as if black people
originated from the Southern US rather than Africa. It is my experience that
she related to them far more affectionately (almost as a kinship, she always
seemed happy to encounter them, you know, I would say that it seemed as if
Black people were unmistakably Southern US) and candidly than the
fashionably-politically-correct Americans I've known, many of whom seemed
willing to jump at you with a racist charge at a moment notice but had no
Blacks in their network of friends (and yes, i have known quite a few of them
well enough to look thoroughly at their network of friends; talk about degrees
of separation!).

It really is my experience that political correctness (as a regimentalized
attitude rather than a linguistic technique) has, generally speaking, become a
vehicle of intellectual convenience for people who want to pamper themselves in
the ignorance of policing others with a trigger-willingness that'll do anything
but examine their own social contradictions. It really has become a way to
totally eradicate minorities and their issues out of conversation and entirely
out of mind.

..