Old December 21st 10, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:58:06 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

"Apteryx" wrote in message ...

Everybody seems to be taking seriously Rich's original claim (that the
D7000 is made in China), which is pretty odd in itself. Does that mean
the D7000s sold in the US (& Canada) are made in China?

Mine is clearly stamped "Made in Thailand", like my D200 and all my
lenses that aren't stamped "Made in Japan". We (New Zealand) have a Free
Trade agreement with China. How come we get fobbed off with product
outsourced to Thailand while Americans get the genuine Chinese-made
article?

No, not quite everybody:

"Are you relying on the URL for that information Good point, as I suspect
diytrade is not the most accurate and up to date
source for this kind of information.

I checked agin and, quite clearly, it says 'Made in China' near the
top of the web page.

Anyway, who cares? "

Rich NEVER checks his sources and I NEVER get excited by his posts. Mostly
inane crap.

Eric Stevens