Old December 20th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Apteryx

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

On 21/12/2010 12:11 a.m., peter wrote:
On 12/20/2010 5:20 AM, G Paleologopoulos wrote:
"bugbear" wrote
news

Rich wrote:

On high-end products, I've often seen diffences between Japanese-made
and Chinese made products. Cheap plastic entry-level cameras with
variable-quality kit lenses are probably "safe" to be made in China,
but watch out when the D3s and 70-200mm f2.8's are beginning to come
from China. The D7000 falls somewhere in the middle.

The Chinese are already successfully running silicon foundries.

Camera are a low-tech joke by comparison.

BugBear

Not to mention their fairly complex space program.

Like all who can't deal with their prejudices, Rich never lets the facts
get in the way of a prejudicial statement.

Everybody seems to be taking seriously Rich's original claim (that the
D7000 is made in China), which is pretty odd in itself. Does that mean
the D7000s sold in the US (& Canada) are made in China?

Mine is clearly stamped "Made in Thailand", like my D200 and all my
lenses that aren't stamped "Made in Japan". We (New Zealand) have a Free
Trade agreement with China. How come we get fobbed off with product
outsourced to Thailand while Americans get the genuine Chinese-made
article?

Apteryx