Old December 23rd 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Hart1

Default Older Nikon Camera

"J.Lef" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone for all the information. The prices have
really gone down to almost nothing. I always thought they would grow in
value, but then the digital age came in. I found one box so far, and
here is whats in it, and not sue what one thing is.

A Nikon black camera that has in the front of body, on the
silver portion, a large letter F outlined, with lower down in black a
solid Nikon. ( I know its a 35mm)

It is in a two piece case, thats brown leather marked Nikon,
with a crushed red velvet interior. The camera stays in the lower portion
protected, and the bulbous top piece snapps off. It has a strap. (It all
appears to be leather)

Generally referred to as an "ever-ready case"

Still attached is a lens with cover, that says Lens made in
Japan.
It has lots of number markings on the outside, and the front part of the
inside describes the lens as a " Zoom-NIKKOR Auto 1:3.5
f=43mm(tilda)f=86 Nippon Kogaku
Japan No. 456144

There appears to be film in it also, as the counter is on 4.

Maybe, maybe not. The counter will advance with the winder lever whether
there is film in it or not. Try turning the rewind crank clockwise(the knob
at the other end of the camera from the film advance). If it stops turning,
then there is film in the camera.

Also a small square brown package that says Nikon Focusing Screen Type F
Made in Japan. And inside the cardboard box, is a square black frame with
a square lens inside, protected by a form fitting thick spongelike
protection.
I have no idea what this is used for.

The focus screen is what you see when you look into the viewfinder. This
model apparently has an interchangeble focus screen- you can switch out the
one in the camera with the one in the box.

Also another lens(or something) thats in a cylindrical type case, with a
zipper half way down. It appears to be black, but I am not sure if its
leather. The make on top of case says KIRON
Inside is something I am not sure what it is, it looks like a
double sided lens.
It has two protective lens caps on either side. Everything is black metal.
It says on it. KIRON MC7 2X TELECONVERTER FOR N/A1 JAPAN

You can remove the lens from the camera, mount the teleconverter, than mount
the lens onto the teleconverter. The focal length of the lens is now doubled
(but the light is cut in half).

Also found a gift I received maybee ten or more years ago,
but only once used.
It looks like a 35mm point and shoot camera by LEICA.
Its a rectangle, grey colored, a bit larger then todays
digital camers. It has a Red Ball on fron with the Leica name in script
in a gold color. It is raised, not painted.
The camera is called the Leica mini, and says near the
lens Leica Elmar
1:3.5/35 manufactured in Japan, with a serial number.
I remember using it for a roll or two, but I had a fuji
which I was very satisfied with. Oh year, the Leica has a soft leather or
leatherette carying case.

I think they call that "re-gifting"!

Well thats box number one Sorry if I wrote too much. Any
feedback apprecited.
Much regards