Old July 27th 17, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

Default My thanks to Davoud!

On 26-Jul-17 9:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 26, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jul 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/26/2017 10:47 AM, David B. wrote:
On 26-Jul-17 3:35 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/26/2017 2:24 AM, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 04:45:54 UTC-4, David B. wrote:
I've just viewed the most fantastic images of birds - I have never seen
finer, EVER!

Other folk may view them he-
http://www.primordial-light.com/aves.html

I've made a note to explore David's work further when I return home to
my iMac!

Thank you for providing the route to find you, Davoud! :-D

David B.

Difficult, getting that close to a bird like those in the wild and
not spooking them.

Unless they are acclimated to people, or you use a long lens..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqsbscqwac...n%20birds%20oy
ter%20cathcers%20terns_4192%20crop.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fjzuep8syetz60/my%20dinner.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycftpxc2x5...0with%20fish.j
g?dl=0

The images at the links you posted, Peter, are not a patch on the
quality of those photographs taken by Davoud (in MY opinion, anyway).

OK. You certainly are entitled to your opinion. Reasons for your opinion
would be appreciated.

I can’t speak for David and his opinion, but I have my opinion, and
observations regarding those three shots.

Starting with the Oyster catcher. At first I thought this was your old Oyster
catcher shot from a few years back, then I saw that this was recently
captured with the D500. The image quality (IQ) is awful, and that seems to be
a result of several things, including your usual crop, and poor focusing on
this particular part of your frame. If this is a demonstration of the IQ
capability of the D500, I am disappointed.

The hawk shot is just a ridiculously severe crop resulting in an image not
much better than a thumbnail. It hardly seemed worth posting. I certainly
have managed to wring out better quality images with my D70.

The Osprey is a great capture, but again suffers from your cropping, and
sharpening techniques in post. The edge halo detracts from the image just as
it did when you first shared it.

BTW: here is a D70 shot of Osprey with snack from 2004.
https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Shared/Demo/dsc0067C.jpg

Your comments say exactly what *I* had thought - thank you.

Your link doesn't 'work' for me. :-(

--
David B.