Old July 27th 17, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default My thanks to Davoud!

On 7/27/2017 12:34 AM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

You might not have intended to ID the bird by the label you used, but the
effect was misleading, as there was no mention of the Bailey Arboretum. A
casual viewer without birding knowledge of the true ID, or access to
reference guides, could easily be confused, and be led to believe that you
were actually identifying the bird rather than indicating the shooting
location.

I was also concerned that somewhere along the way you might have been
provided erroneous information, and I was being a tad pedantic.

That's OK. As long as the issue is resolved. A simple inquiry could have
saved you a lot of research time. But I did learn from that.
Somewhere in my files, I have an image of a hatchling titled: "Nickerson
Beach Chick." I can see lots of ambiguity in that title.

BTW when doing portraits, whether animals, birds and flowers, I have a
strong personal preference for tight crops, unless there is a reason for
doing otherwise, as in these experimental IR images.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31ys41r7vldvnuk/AT%20THE%20BEACK.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue0v5o2oeniyu01/20170617_1923.jpg?dl=0

Faux color:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/msin96zvnuv633m/20170617_1918%20lowered%20temp.jpg?dl=0