Old July 26th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default My thanks to Davoud!

On 7/26/2017 2:15 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/26/2017 10:47 AM, David B. wrote:
On 26-Jul-17 3:35 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/26/2017 2:24 AM, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 04:45:54 UTC-4, David B. wrote:
I've just viewed the most fantastic images of birds - I have never seen
finer, EVER!

Other folk may view them he-
http://www.primordial-light.com/aves.html

I've made a note to explore David's work further when I return home to
my iMac!

Thank you for providing the route to find you, Davoud! :-D

David B.

Difficult, getting that close to a bird like those in the wild and
not spooking them.

Unless they are acclimated to people, or you use a long lens..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqsbscqwac...%20birds%20oys
ter%20cathcers%20terns_4192%20crop.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fjzuep8syetz60/my%20dinner.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycftpxc2x5...with%20fish.jp
g?dl=0

The images at the links you posted, Peter, are not a patch on the
quality of those photographs taken by Davoud (in MY opinion, anyway).

OK. You certainly are entitled to your opinion. Reasons for your opinion
would be appreciated.

I can’t speak for David and his opinion, but I have my opinion, and
observations regarding those three shots.

Starting with the Oyster catcher. At first I thought this was your old Oyster
catcher shot from a few years back, then I saw that this was recently
captured with the D500. The image quality (IQ) is awful, and that seems to be
a result of several things, including your usual crop, and poor focusing on
this particular part of your frame. If this is a demonstration of the IQ
capability of the D500, I am disappointed.

The hawk shot is just a ridiculously severe crop resulting in an image not
much better than a thumbnail. It hardly seemed worth posting. I certainly
have managed to wring out better quality images with my D70.

The Osprey is a great capture, but again suffers from your cropping, and
sharpening techniques in post. The edge halo detracts from the image just as
it did when you first shared it.

Not wild birds are a lot easier.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjgquqx9c2h988o/Bailey_Owl_7821.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3b1oguvhqc007b/20150614_9309%20owl.jpg?dl=0