Old October 16th 05, 06:00 PM
ian lincoln

Default Nikon D70 issues/questions Vs. Canon

"Scott Schuckert" wrote in message
In article JvH3f.5830$MN6.2949@fed1read04, Richard H.
wrote:

This is an odd trend; I wonder about the cause and effect with dentists
and photography. :-) Locally, there's known to be a large Internet porn
company that's owned by (you guessed it) - two dentists. No knowing if
they shoot their own pics, but I'd bet so.

I think the same aspect of the personality (fascination with mechanical
things?) that leads them to dentistry tends to make them hardware
junkies. My GP doesn't have much more than a scale and a stethoscope in
his office; my dentist has a computerized 3D X-ray machine and an NC
milling machine to make replacement teeth.

Another dentist I know collects 1958 Cadillacs; has over a dozen of
'em. So it's probably no suprise they're camera collectors; the odd
thing was that they all seemed to be into Nikon instead of Leica.

I have a sneaking suspicion americans pay a lot in dental fees.