Old June 16th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

Default Position of dust on sensor VS computer screen

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
"Celcius" wrote in
:

"Celcius" wrote in message
Hi everyone!
I cleaned the sensor on my Canon 30D. After downloading the photo, 2
bits still appear on the upper left corner of my computer screen.
Where is that dust located on the sensor? Upper right corner? Thanks.
Marcel

I guess it's bottom right.

No; it's not. All the answers thus far are incorrect.

When you look into the front of the camera, left and right are not
reversed
from the image on the review LCD or computer monitor, because you swapped
them when you rotated the camera 180 degrees.

The specks are in the lower left, looking into the front of the camera.

You can verify this with a lens and a sheet of paper in a dark room,
pointed at a bright window with a silouhette in one corner.

--

John,
Is "looking in the front of the camera", the same as looking at the sensor?