Old March 16th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

Default Cleaning 35mm slides

Dr Phred wrote:
I have a huge collection of 35 mm slides that were stored in vinyl
holders. They are kind of stuck in there. It seems the vinyl oozed
something onto the slides, and if you just yank the slide out, it
leaves a "water ring". I'm leaving the slides in there until I can
figure out how to get them out without damaging them. Any suggestions?

Take on that has the ring on it and try soaking it in water. That will
not damage it, but it does soften the emulsion so be careful as it dries.
Did that clean it? You might also use the suggestion on one of soaking it
before removing it. Distilled water is good as is using alcohol after the
water to speed drying time.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit