Old March 16th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

Default Cleaning 35mm slides

Dr Phred wrote:
I have a huge collection of 35 mm slides that were stored in vinyl
holders. They are kind of stuck in there. It seems the vinyl oozed
something onto the slides, and if you just yank the slide out, it
leaves a "water ring". I'm leaving the slides in there until I can
figure out how to get them out without damaging them. Any suggestions?

You could try soaking them in distilled water, then drying them with a hair
dryer once the vinyl has released it's hold on the emulsion.

I am not saying this will work, thus suggesting it is worth a try!

Dennis.