Old January 5th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Protect your pictures!

On 5 Jan 2006 04:27:42 -0800, "Jemme Lon" wrote:

Frequently,someone is to become involved in this problem.His(or her)
images and photos on his(or her) store(or website) are accessible to
everyone. Maybe the property is being used by others in their
store,homepages, forum or newsgroups. I just want to tell you how to
make copyright to the pictures that no one can steal your works that
you made.

Copyrighting does not prevent theft of the pictures. It just gives
you a basis for legal action against the person that steals them if
you know they are stolen and know who's using them. Even then, the
cost of pursuing the matter usually exceeds your loss.

If I steal your copyrighted image and use it, what are you going to do
about it? Is it worth legal fees to stop me? If some large company
steals your image, it may be worth the legal fees, but I'm just an
individual.

You can watermark your image, but I have Photoshop and I can usually
clone out your watermark.

Unless you're a professional photographer with a great image to
protect, you'll just get ulcers worrying about image theft.

The really neat situation is where someone links to your image. You
can change the source of the link to an image that
they...ummm....wouldn't want to put up.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL