Old March 31st 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Useful 10% solutions

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Dana H. Myers" wrote

But it isn't 10% of the solution's *volume* unless the solute
has the same density as water. Do the math.

It isn't 10% of the solution's volume unless the solute is water.

Solids dissolved in liquids don't take up the same space - the
dissolved solid occupies the 'voids' [there must be a better word]
between the water molecules.

... anybody up for discussing Angels dancing on pinheads?

Somehow I want to spread my hands in a broad sweeping motion
and declare "billions and billions of starstuff".

;-)