Old March 31st 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Useful 10% solutions

wrote:
REana H. Myers wrote:
wrote:
A 10ml solution of 10% NaOH will have 1 gram
of the solute; 10% of the solutions volume. As I said
the solute's amount is usually in grams. Dan

What's the volume of 1 gram of NaOH? Do you think
it is 1 ml? I don't think it is. You're mixing weight
and volume interchangeably here, which you can do with
water but not the solute.

We are not interested in the volume of that 1 gram of
NaOH. We are only interested in the NaOH being 10%
of the solutions volume expressed in grams.

But it isn't 10% of the solution's *volume* unless the solute
has the same density as water. Do the math.

Dana